A while ago I found myself in the need of a new keyboard and I heard about this special keyboard, which supposedly would totally rock. I am always careful when I hear that kind of marketing and advertisement talking. After a lot of consideration I eventually bought Das Keyboard (ultimate) and I never looked back since.
- Typing comfort
- Black keys, so visually less noisy
- USB hub in keyboard (if you need to charge your media player)
- Huge geek factor
- Compatible with Linux (duh)
- ‘Typing sound’ needs some time to get used to. You hear every single keystroke, but after a short while I did not find it disturbing at all.
- The price
What would a geek do without some sort of gadget to keep track of the time, which is so volatile. This is about as geeky as you can get, the binary clock. I got the silver version with the blue LED’s (which are _very_ bright, when it is dark inside a room).
- 12 and 24 hour mode
- Binary horizontally or vertically
- 3 Brightness settings
- Looks great
- If you need to know the time when it is very early (and your brain did not boot yet) or when you are drunk (and your brain is too lazy to function properly), it takes a while to ‘see’ the time.
- Sometimes the LED’s feel too bright in a completely dark room, even on the lowest brightness setting.